Filing a Social Security Disability Application
When you apply for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, it’s important that you have the right information presented the right way, or you may hurt your chances of being approved for benefits. If you’re disabled, the Social Security Disability lawyers at Fields Law Firm are here to help you prepare your application.
Completing Your Social Security Disability Application
There are two documents you need to complete when applying for Social Security Disability benefits:
- Work history
- Name, address, and phone number of someone the SSA can contact who knows about your medical conditions and can help with your claim.
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, patient ID numbers, and dates of treatment for all doctors, hospitals, and clinics.
- Names of medicines you are taking and who prescribed them.
- Names and dates of medical tests you have had and who sent you to get them.
- Types of jobs and dates you worked for your last five jobs.
- Information about any insurance or workers’ compensation claims you filed, such as claim number and name, address, and phone number of insurance company.
- Military service discharge information for all periods of active duty (if applicable).
- W-2 forms (or your IRS 1040 and Schedules C and SE if self-employed) from last year.
- Social Security number(s) for your spouse and minor children (if applicable).
- Checking and savings account numbers and bank routing number for direct deposit of your benefit checks.
If you need help completing your application, our experienced Minnesota Social Security Disability attorneys are available to answer your questions. Just give us a call at 1-888-343-5375 or fill out a free contact request form to speak with our staff about your claim today.