What is Workers’ Compensation and How Does it Work?
At Fields Law Firm, injured workers throughout Minnesota contact our Workers Compensation Attorneys every day with questions about their work injuries and how Workers Compensation claims work. We’ve put together a list of the most commonly asked questions and topics that we get asked. Of course, you always call us at 1-888-343-5375 for answers to your questions! We would be happy to answer your questions, without any obligation to hire us.
What is Workers Compensation?
The following articles explain how Minnesota Workers Compensation works, what your rights are, and whether you qualify to file a claim for benefits.
- Minnesota Workers Compensation Laws
- How does Workers Comp work in MN?
- Do I have a Workers Compensation claim?
- If I get hurt at work what are my rights?
How do I file a claim?
Many injured workers have never filed a Workers Compensation claim before. These articles help answer questions about the initial claim filing process.
- How to file a Workers Comp claim in Minnesota
- MN Workers Comp First Report of Injury form
- Minnesota Workers Compensation forms
- What if my employer does not have Workers Compensation insurance?
- Can I file a Workers Compensation claim in Minnesota?
- Can I file claims for Workers Compensation and Long Term Disability benefits at the same time?
What about my job?
Some injured workers are concerned about losing their job, or want to understand what to do if they are being harassed or feeling pressured to quit.
Do I need an attorney?
Deciding if you need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Minnesota for your case is an important decision. These resources can you help you understand if, and when, you will need an attorney on your side.
- Should I get a lawyer for Workers Comp?
- Workers Compensation attorney fees
- When to hire a Workers Comp lawyer
- Why should I hire Fields Law?
What benefits are available?
Once a Workers Compensation claim has been filed, many people are uncertain what benefits Workers Compensation will provide to them. These articles will guide you through the various steps of ensuring you are receiving all of the benefits you deserve and the types of Workers Comp benefits you are entitled to.
Types of Workers Comp Benefits
- How to find a Work Comp doctor?
- What are work restrictions?
- What is an Independent Medical Examination for Workers Compensation?
- Why is Workers Comp not paying my medical bills?
How can I protect my future?
At Fields Law, we feel it is important to protect the interests of our clients, both now and in the future. We work to make sure denied claims are appealed properly, and that settlement offers include enough money to cover any future medical needs. These articles will help prepare you for the negotiation of benefits and any settlements you might receive.
- What to do if your Work Comp claim is denied
- How to win a Workers Comp case
- Will Workers Comp offer me a settlement?
- What are some average Workers Compensation settlement amounts?
- What if I have additional medical expenses in the future?
As one of the largest and most respected work injury and disability law firms in Minnesota, Fields Law helps injured and disabled workers across the state get compensation after being hurt at work. We can help you, too. Call us at 1-888-343-5375, or fill out our free online form to Get Fields! and get the benefits you need.